What Languages Can Work With PostgreSQL?
PostgreSQL is a versatile database system that can be used with a wide range of programming languages. It provides support for many programming languages through various client libraries and connectors. Here are some of the most commonly used programming languages that can work seamlessly with PostgreSQL:
- Python: Supported through libraries like Psycopg2 and SQLAlchemy.
- Java: Utilizes JDBC for PostgreSQL connectivity.
- Ruby: Works with ActiveRecord and Sequel.
- PHP: Uses PDO and PostgreSQL-specific extensions.
- Node.js: Supported by libraries like pg-promise and Sequelize.
- C/C++: Offers a C API for custom applications.
- Go (Golang): Supported by the pq library.
- Perl: Utilizes DBI and DBD::Pg modules.
- C#/.NET: Utilizes Npgsql for .NET applications.
- R: Uses RPostgreSQL for data analysis.
- Elixir: Supported through the Ecto library.
- Haskell: Works with libraries like persistent-postgresql.
- Swift: Supported by libraries like Swift-Kuery-PostgreSQL.